Visual Air Navigation Facilities Upgrade Runway - International Airport, Charleston, SC
Pond provided electrical engineering services for replacement of the visual air navigation facilities for Runway 03-21.
Specific design elements included:
- ALSF-1 approach lighting system utilizing low impact resistant fiberglass structures
- REIL Lighting
- High Intensity Runway Edge Lighting (HIRL) including threshold and end lighting. Medium Intensity Taxiway Edge Lighting (MITL) – LED
- Runway distance remaining and taxiway guidance signs
- Replacement of the existing 12-unit Visual Approach Slope Indicator (VASI) system with four-unit Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) system on each end of Runway 03-21
- Coordination with concurrent projects upgrading tower and vault lighting controls to computer-based system, taxiway replacements and vault replacement
- New 5KV lighting cable in new duct bank and manhole system 400-foot Jack & Bore under Runway 15-33
I recently had the opportunity to meet with the Georgia State Legislature Joint Study Committee on Airport Infrastructure and Improvements. I presented findings evaluating Georgia's current aviation infrastructure with a special focus on hangars. A clear plan for...
Pond designed a facility-wide security upgrade for Huntsville International Airport in Huntsville, Alabama. After performing a security threat and vulnerability assessment, Pond helped the airport develop an automated multilevel system to replace the outdated...
ATLANTA – (12.20.19) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, architecture, planning and construction services, is pleased to announce that the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) has recognized our partner, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International...