A380 Modifications - Los Angeles International Airport, Bradley International Terminal, CA
Pond provided hydrant system modifications and new hydrant pits for the Airbus A380 at LAX. Projects included:
- Positioning the new hydrant pit locations to operate with the different aircrafts that will also utilize the A380 gate.
- Adding new hydrant pits on both sides of the aircraft to minimize refueling and overall turn around time.
- Reworking the twin 12” supply lines allowing redundant capability from the hydrant system if maintenance is needed on one of the lines.
- Relocating an existing 16′ hydrant loop supply line due to the gate expansion, including evaluation of pressure control, MOV and valve pit.
- Relocating an emergency fuel shut off (EFSO) automated control stations.
GSI-Pond JV, LLC, Awarded NAVFAC EXWC Task Order for Defense Fuel Support Point Guam
ATLANTA, GA - (May 16, 2023) – Pond and joint-venture (JV) partner, GSI, today announced the award of a Naval Facilities Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (NAVFAC EXWC) Task Order for Defense Fuel Support Guam. Under the $11.7M fixed-price task order, the...
William Anderson Promoted to Vice President of Energy
ATLANTA – (11.12.21) – Pond, one of the fastest growing architecture and engineering firms in the country, is proud to announce the promotion of William Anderson to Associate Principal and Vice President of Energy. In his new role, William will lead Pond’s Commercial...
Evaluating Georgia’s Aviation System and its Need for Aircraft Storage Hangars
I recently had the opportunity to meet with the Georgia State Legislature Joint Study Committee on Airport Infrastructure and Improvements. I presented findings evaluating Georgia's current aviation infrastructure with a special focus on hangars. A clear plan for...