A380 Modifications - Los Angeles International Airport, Bradley International Terminal, CA
Pond provided hydrant system modifications and new hydrant pits for the Airbus A380 at LAX. Projects included:
- Positioning the new hydrant pit locations to operate with the different aircrafts that will also utilize the A380 gate.
- Adding new hydrant pits on both sides of the aircraft to minimize refueling and overall turn around time.
- Reworking the twin 12” supply lines allowing redundant capability from the hydrant system if maintenance is needed on one of the lines.
- Relocating an existing 16′ hydrant loop supply line due to the gate expansion, including evaluation of pressure control, MOV and valve pit.
- Relocating an emergency fuel shut off (EFSO) automated control stations.
Pond designed a facility-wide security upgrade for Huntsville International Airport in Huntsville, Alabama. After performing a security threat and vulnerability assessment, Pond helped the airport develop an automated multilevel system to replace the outdated...
ATLANTA – (12.20.19) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, architecture, planning and construction services, is pleased to announce that the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) has recognized our partner, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International...
Aviation Infrastructure Solutions JV Team Awarded Contract with Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Team will Provide Architectural and Engineering Services to Enhance Airport Experience ATLANTA – (01.15.19) The Aviation Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) Joint Venture was recently awarded a multi-year contract for Architectural and Engineering Design Services at...