Alter/Repair Runway - International Airport/AFB, Charleston, SC
Pond provided electrical engineering design services for the replacement of the visual air navigation facilities for Runway 03-21
Specific design elements:
- ALSF-1 approach lighting system utilizing low impact resistant fiberglass structures
- REIL Lighting on both Runway 03 & 21
- Edge lighting utilizing High Intensity Runway Edge Lighting (HIRL) including threshold and end lighting
- Distance markers
- Taxiway edge lighting and guidance signage
- Replacement of the existing 12-unit Visual Approach Slope Indicator (VASI) system on each end of Runway 03-21 with four-unit Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) system
- Coordination with concurrent projects upgrading tower and vault lighting controls to computer-based system, replace airfield vault with new vault, and replacement of several tanks
Pond Awarded $99M Contract for A-E Services for the 374th Civil Engineer Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
ATLANTA – July 18, 2022 – Pond, one of the fastest-growing A-E firms in the country, has been awarded a $99 million contract to provide multi-discipline design and planning services to the 374th Civil Engineer Squadron (374th CES) at Yokota Air Base, Japan. Pond is...
Raymond-Pond Enterprise Solutions Awarded $40M Contract for A-E Services and Multi-Discipline Construction Projects to Robins AFB, GA
ATLANTA – July 13, 2022 – Pond and its joint venture partner, Raymond Engineering (Raymond-Pond), have been awarded a new $40 million indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide architecture and engineering (A-E) services to the 78th Air Base...