Underground Storage Tank Repairs - Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson, AZ
Pond performed design, repair and construction of military fuel distribution and storage systems through a Master Services Agreement with IT Corporation. Projects included required tank repairs and installation of new high and low level control switches in the existing 19 underground JP-8 storage tanks at three facilities (pumphouses); 202 (five tanks), 206 (nine tanks) and 207 (five tanks).
Other type of work involved:
- Installation of new high and low level control panels and equipment for each tank at the three storage facilities.
- Cleaning and vapor freeing of each 19 underground fuel tanks at three pump stations, JP-8 facilities.
- Interior epoxy coating of each 19 underground fuel tanks at three pump stations, including sand blasting and epoxy coating per standard military specifications (MIL-P-24441).
- Tank modifications including enlarging 14 tank manways and adding additional manways.
- Installation of new concrete pits with aluminum covers around new manways.
- API 653 ultrasonic testing on 19 underground fuel tanks.
- Upgrades to manual and control valving.
ATLANTA – May 05, 2022 – The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) recently awarded a multi-year on-call contract to Pond for Architectural and Engineering Consulting Services to support the design of new and existing facilities and for the upgrade or...
ATLANTA – (11.12.21) – Pond, one of the fastest growing architecture and engineering firms in the country, is proud to announce the promotion of William Anderson to Associate Principal and Vice President of Energy. In his new role, William will lead Pond’s Commercial...
ATLANTA – (8.27.18) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, planning, architecture, and construction management announced the promotion of Bryan Evans to Senior Vice President of Pond’s Energy Division. In his expanded role, Evans will lead the Energy Group...