Underground Storage Tank Repairs - Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson, AZ
Pond performed design, repair and construction of military fuel distribution and storage systems through a Master Services Agreement with IT Corporation. Projects included required tank repairs and installation of new high and low level control switches in the existing 19 underground JP-8 storage tanks at three facilities (pumphouses); 202 (five tanks), 206 (nine tanks) and 207 (five tanks).
Other type of work involved:
- Installation of new high and low level control panels and equipment for each tank at the three storage facilities.
- Cleaning and vapor freeing of each 19 underground fuel tanks at three pump stations, JP-8 facilities.
- Interior epoxy coating of each 19 underground fuel tanks at three pump stations, including sand blasting and epoxy coating per standard military specifications (MIL-P-24441).
- Tank modifications including enlarging 14 tank manways and adding additional manways.
- Installation of new concrete pits with aluminum covers around new manways.
- API 653 ultrasonic testing on 19 underground fuel tanks.
- Upgrades to manual and control valving.
ATLANTA – (8.27.18) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, planning, architecture, and construction management announced the promotion of Bryan Evans to Senior Vice President of Pond’s Energy Division. In his expanded role, Evans will lead the Energy Group...
[As featured in ENR Magazine April 30, 2018 Edition] Nearly 50 years after the firm started as a home-based business in 1965, engineering and planning firm Pond decided it was time to grow—by rapidly expanding its workforce. With engineering talent in high demand...
ATLANTA, Georgia – (7.25.18) – Pond, an industry leader in planning, architecture, engineering and construction services, announced today, the addition of Nisha Joshi to Pond. As a licensed Professional Engineer, Nisha Joshi brings thirteen years of experience in Oil...