City Fuel Farm Upgrade - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, GA
Pond developed a study and provided design services to meet requirements for the expansion of existing fuel delivery, storage and distribution systems at two adjacent tank farm fuel facilities – the City of Atlanta Fuel Storage Facility (CITY) and the International Fuel Storage Facility (FIS). The expansion will accommodate projected fuel usage through 2025. The project involves co-mingling the fuel storage and hydrant supply capacities of the CITY and FIS facilities to meet future demand.
The elements of the fuel facility co-mingling solution included:
- Combination of CITY and FIS facility storage capacity through the installation of a 24” pump suction header crossover.
- Combination of CITY and FIS facility hydrant distribution capacity through the installation of two 16” hydrant supply crossover pipes.
- Increase of FIS facility inlet filtration capacity.
- Additional recirculation capabilities in the FIS facility.
- Consolidation of CITY and FIS facility control systems.
- Integration of CITY and FIS emergency fuel shut off systems.
- Standby generators at CITY and FIS facilities.
- Modification to the CITY control building.
- New oil water separator, reclaim storage tank and drainage modifications.
GSI-Pond JV, LLC, Awarded NAVFAC EXWC Task Order for Defense Fuel Support Point Guam
ATLANTA, GA - (May 16, 2023) – Pond and joint-venture (JV) partner, GSI, today announced the award of a Naval Facilities Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (NAVFAC EXWC) Task Order for Defense Fuel Support Guam. Under the $11.7M fixed-price task order, the...
William Anderson Promoted to Vice President of Energy
ATLANTA – (11.12.21) – Pond, one of the fastest growing architecture and engineering firms in the country, is proud to announce the promotion of William Anderson to Associate Principal and Vice President of Energy. In his new role, William will lead Pond’s Commercial...
Bryan Evans Promoted to Senior Vice President of Pond’s Energy Division
ATLANTA – (8.27.18) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, planning, architecture, and construction management announced the promotion of Bryan Evans to Senior Vice President of Pond’s Energy Division. In his expanded role, Evans will lead the Energy Group...