Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center - Jacksonville, FL
Pond (the Pond/Michael Baker Team) served as the Architectural Design Consultant for the new Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center (JRTC) – An iconic world class facility that will connect Jacksonville and its surrounding communities for decades to come. The focus of this project for the Jacksonville Transit Authority was to create a transportation hub as an origin and destination to Downtown with quick connections to other parts of the city like the airport, as well as to spur economic growth in the La Villa area of Jacksonville. Pond created a mixed-use urban plaza in its design with a complete streets approach and focus. The architectural design services for the JRTC included an Intercity Bus Terminal, Pedestrian Bridge crossing at West Forsyth Street, a new multi-story JTA Administrative Headquarters, 22-bay bus transfer station and intercity bus terminal with direct connection to the existing adjacent Skyway Convention Center Station, JTA Bus Transfer Station, and improvements to the city-owned parcel east of the JTA Administration Building. Pond provided full project management, transit architecture design, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection and electrical engineering services for the regional headquarters in downtown Jacksonville. Additionally, Pond delivered sustainable design services with the project being designed to meet LEED® Silver rating goals under LEED-3.0.
List of honors Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center has received:
- 2021 Honor Award, ACEC Georgia Engineering Excellence
- 2021 Grand Award, ACEC Florida Engineering Excellence
- 2021 Bronze Award, ACEC Massachusetts Engineering Excellence
- 2020 Merit Award, Regional Best Projects Airport/Transit Category, ENR Southeast
- 2020 “Project of the Year” The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of Florida, First Coast Chapter
- 2020 Eagle Award in the institutional $25 million to $100 million category, The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of Florida, First Coast Chapter
- 2020 Florida Public Transportation Association’s (FPTA) Outstanding System
- 2017 Design Award of Merit | General Unbuilt, AIA Jacksonville
*The images of the Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center (JRTC) do not constitute endorsement by the Jacksonville Transit Authority, or the City of Jacksonville of the information, products or services of Pond and Company.
The Pond | Michael-Baker International JV is proud to announce that the Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center (JRTC) has been honored with an American Council of Engineering Companies of Florida (ACEC FL) Engineering Excellence Award. Planned with the goal of...
COLUMBIA, S.C. - (9.03.2019) - For over 40 years, Pond has served education, transportation, government and hospitality clients throughout the Southeast. With our dedication to continuous improvement, collaboration and discovery, Pond has developed a national...
ATLANTA – (07.26.19) – Pond, an industry leader in architecture, engineering, construction, and planning, is excited to announce that Mark Levine, FAIA, Vice President of Architecture, has been elected to serve as At-Large Director on the American Institute of...