Widening and of SR 9 (Main Street) - Alpharetta, GA
Pond provided design services for the widening of State Route (SR) 9, reconfiguration of sideroads, pedestrian improvements and signal upgrades. Two separate areas were covered under this project – one begins at Upper Hembree Road and continues to Academy Street while the other stretches from Academy Street to Winward Parkway. SR 9 is a non-uniform arterial, currently having several different sections along the 3.8 mile corridor.
There are generally four different sections which included a five-lane section with flush median, a four-lane section, a three-lane section with flush median and a two-lane section. The proposed section is a four-lane section with 20 foot raised median. Auxiliary lanes would be added as needed. This project is located in Fulton County, almost entirely within the Alpharetta City limits.
Key elements of this project included:
- Multiple designs variance to reduce environmental impacts.
- Twenty-six existing intersections, ten signalized.
- Two intersections that warrant dual left turn lanes in all directions.
- Multiple intersections with large skews.
- Historic downtown district with very limited room for expansion.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.