Title II Services for Fuel Infrastructure Inspection & Repair - Masirah Island, Oman
Pond provided Title II inspection, oversight, subject matter expertise and engineering services for a multi-phase Petroleum, Oil & Lubricant (POL) project. The construction project consists of Phases I-IV and includes inspection, repair and replacement of fuel pipelines, a hydrant fueling system, cut-and-cover tanks, cathodic protection systems, upgrade of receipt fuel filtration, and provision of a fill stand.
Phase I: Repair 1.7 miles of 12” diameter Fuel Pipeline
- Repaired by replacement 1.7 miles of 12“ fuel pipeline in accordance with UFC 3-460-01.
- Prepared an Implementation Work Plan detailing the construction, materials and pipe coating system suitable for resisting corrosion.
- Witnessed pipeline pressure test after construction to support commissioning. Demolition of existing 12” pipeline and supports.
- Provided construction QA inspections to ensure pipeline was constructed IAW plans and specifications.
Phase II: Testing and Repair of POL Facilities
- Project included modified API 653 inspection of six (6) 30,000 bbl cut-and-cover tanks used to store jet fuel. The contractor made recommendations for repairs based on the results of the inspections and was subsequently awarded significant repair tasks.
- Pond reviewed safety and cleaning processes, witnessing the inspections. Pond also reviewed the recommendations and provided recommendations and pricing review to AFCEE.
- Pond is the Subject Matter Expert on the project team on tank inspection and repair. Significant corrosion issues were noted requiring engineered evaluations of the tanks’ repairs.
Phase III: Testing and Repair of Underground Fuel Lines
- Oversaw API 570 inspections using Long Range Guided Wave Ultrasonic Pipe Screening type guided wave integrity testing and inspection of above and below ground transfer lines.
- Reviewed and witnessed inspection of cathodic protection system.
- Several defects were noted in the pipe including an active leak in the piping at POL 2. Pond provided immediate direction to minimize the impact and ensure contractor was safe in any activity in the impacted area.
GSI-Pond JV, LLC, Awarded NAVFAC EXWC Task Order for Defense Fuel Support Point Guam
ATLANTA, GA - (May 16, 2023) – Pond and joint-venture (JV) partner, GSI, today announced the award of a Naval Facilities Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (NAVFAC EXWC) Task Order for Defense Fuel Support Guam. Under the $11.7M fixed-price task order, the...
William Anderson Promoted to Vice President of Energy
ATLANTA – (11.12.21) – Pond, one of the fastest growing architecture and engineering firms in the country, is proud to announce the promotion of William Anderson to Associate Principal and Vice President of Energy. In his new role, William will lead Pond’s Commercial...
Bryan Evans Promoted to Senior Vice President of Pond’s Energy Division
ATLANTA – (8.27.18) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, planning, architecture, and construction management announced the promotion of Bryan Evans to Senior Vice President of Pond’s Energy Division. In his expanded role, Evans will lead the Energy Group...