Embankment & Utilities Relocation - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, GA
As part of the AIS Joint Venture to support the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport’s $5.4B Capital Improvement Program, Pond provided design services to complete this $70M project which included a hydrant fueling system tying into the existing airport system on the aircraft parking apron and entry/exit taxiways, utilities, including taxiway lighting and guidance signage, barrier/warning lights, and de-icing fluid collection and management system to support the new international terminal.
Significant features included:
- 200,000 SY apron, taxiway paving and underground utilities
- Phasing to ensure facilities remain operational during construction
- Design packages for accelerated portions of construction to coordinate with other schedules
- Coordinating fueling hydrant layout scheme with design of international terminal
- Design of a fueling hydrant system to accommodate a 12-gate layout, tie into the existing fueling hydrant system, and accommodate future expansion
- Design of on-apron de-icing area and glycol collection system with monitoring and metered release for Ramp 9
- Modification of the existing glycol collection systems on Ramps 6 North and South included design of new on-apron glycol collection lift station to force main on Ramp 8
- Taxiway lighting and guidance signage for Ramps 8 and 9, Taxiway ‘L’s northern edge, and tie-in’s to existing Taxiways ‘D’ and ‘L’ lighting
- Design of both Ramps 8 and 9 to be partially surrounded by jersey barrier walls and fencing with obstruction lighting at the edge of the taxi lane safety area
Evaluating Georgia’s Aviation System and its Need for Aircraft Storage Hangars
I recently had the opportunity to meet with the Georgia State Legislature Joint Study Committee on Airport Infrastructure and Improvements. I presented findings evaluating Georgia's current aviation infrastructure with a special focus on hangars. A clear plan for...
Huntsville International (HSV) Security Upgrade Featured in Airport Improvement
Pond designed a facility-wide security upgrade for Huntsville International Airport in Huntsville, Alabama. After performing a security threat and vulnerability assessment, Pond helped the airport develop an automated multilevel system to replace the outdated...
Pond Project Earns Envision Silver Award
ATLANTA – (12.20.19) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, architecture, planning and construction services, is pleased to announce that the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) has recognized our partner, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International...