Jet Fuel Storage Complex - Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, CA
Pond provided fueling design under an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract for the NAVFAC Southwest. The mission of this project was to provide a fuel dispensing and storage facility to support the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) 29 Palms Tactical Air Field Fuel Dispensing System (TAFDS) at the Expeditionary Air Field (EAF). The fueling portion of this design included two commercial tank truck off-loading facilities, two 5,000 BBL JP-5 fuel storage tanks, two military refueler truck loading stands, a transfer pipeline to the TAFDS storage bags, and all associated pumping, piping, control, support equipment, and a 5,000 square foot Fuel Operations Building.
Projects included the following:
- Design of new fuel distribution and storage complex for Marine Corps Desert Training Center.
- Two new 175,000 gallon above ground storage tanks (ASTs) with concrete containment area and concrete walls.
- Loading and off-loading racks for both military and commercial trucks.
- Piping and distribution systems including pumps, controls, metering and filters.
- 2,000 LF of underground pipeline with secondary containment routed to the TAFDS.
- Operations building.
- Cathodic protection for ASTs and underground pipeline.
- Air quality permitting.
- Leak detection monitoring system.
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan.
- Refueler parking with concrete secondary containment area.
- Concrete truck staging area.
- Site grading and storm drainage.
- Security fencing with area lighting.
- Fire protection system.
- Construction administration.
- Operations and maintenance manual.
- Geotechnical and topographic surveying.
ATLANTA, GA - (June 27, 2023) – Pond & Company (“Pond”), a market leading engineering and consulting services firm has acquired long-time partner CTBX, a Florida-based, air traffic control tower (“ATCT”) consulting firm. The shared capabilities of Pond and CTBX...
ATLANTA, GA - (May 16, 2023) – Pond and joint-venture (JV) partner, GSI, today announced the award of a Naval Facilities Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (NAVFAC EXWC) Task Order for Defense Fuel Support Guam. Under the $11.7M fixed-price task order, the...
ATLANTA – (October 17, 2022) – Pond, a progressive, full-service engineering, architecture, and planning company, is excited to announce the hiring of Richard Hayes as Client Account Manager for its Navy Program. Richard joins Pond following a distinguished 29-year...