Jet Fuel Storage Complex - Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, CA
Pond provided fueling design under an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract for the NAVFAC Southwest. The mission of this project was to provide a fuel dispensing and storage facility to support the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) 29 Palms Tactical Air Field Fuel Dispensing System (TAFDS) at the Expeditionary Air Field (EAF). The fueling portion of this design included two commercial tank truck off-loading facilities, two 5,000 BBL JP-5 fuel storage tanks, two military refueler truck loading stands, a transfer pipeline to the TAFDS storage bags, and all associated pumping, piping, control, support equipment, and a 5,000 square foot Fuel Operations Building.
Projects included the following:
- Design of new fuel distribution and storage complex for Marine Corps Desert Training Center.
- Two new 175,000 gallon above ground storage tanks (ASTs) with concrete containment area and concrete walls.
- Loading and off-loading racks for both military and commercial trucks.
- Piping and distribution systems including pumps, controls, metering and filters.
- 2,000 LF of underground pipeline with secondary containment routed to the TAFDS.
- Operations building.
- Cathodic protection for ASTs and underground pipeline.
- Air quality permitting.
- Leak detection monitoring system.
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan.
- Refueler parking with concrete secondary containment area.
- Concrete truck staging area.
- Site grading and storm drainage.
- Security fencing with area lighting.
- Fire protection system.
- Construction administration.
- Operations and maintenance manual.
- Geotechnical and topographic surveying.
ATLANTA - (07.02.2021) - Pond, one of the country’s fastest growing engineering, architecture, and planning firms, is expanding its Federal practice with the addition of Dan Stoddard, PE, CEM as Navy Program Manager. As a frequent contractor with the United States...
NAVFAC Washington – Raymond-Pond Full-Service Solutions JV Awarded IDIQ for AE Services for Civil and Structural Services
ATLANTA – (05.03.21) – The Raymond-Pond Full-Service Solutions JV (Raymond-Pond JV), has been awarded the $30M IDIQ for AE Services for Civil and Structural Services at NAVFAC Washington’s Area of Responsibility. “This is an exciting opportunity to continue supporting...
Pond designed a facility-wide security upgrade for Huntsville International Airport in Huntsville, Alabama. After performing a security threat and vulnerability assessment, Pond helped the airport develop an automated multilevel system to replace the outdated...