Fuel Pipeline Replacement & Cathodic Protection for Tanks 4 & 5 - Naval Air Station Fallon, NV
Pond provided design-build services for this project which included installation of approximately 1,200 linear feet of 10” underground jet fuel piping from the existing main filter separator and repair to nine existing aircraft refueling stations, fill stands, and off-loading islands. The replacement piping and fittings were constructed of stainless steel and airfield lighting system. The types of work required by this design-build project were renovation, repair, and alteration and consisted of the following:
- Completion of underground piping system.
- Installation of stainless steel above ground piping & supports.
- Installation of cathodic protection system for underground piping and existing Tanks 4 & 5.
- Installation of new 12 conduit electrical duct bank.
- Repair of fill stand and off-loading.
- Installation of new 6” PVC water line.
- Installation of two new aqueous film forming foam water connection and new eyewash stations.
- Urgent repairs to airfield lighting system.
Notable challenges involved phased construction to keep aircraft fueling operations fully functional throughout construction; operation on a live hot refueling apron; and challenging logistics caused by the remote location of the base.
Pond has been hard at work for the O’Hare Fuel Committee (OFC) on the design and installation of new fuel transmission mains at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. The O'Hare Fuel System Improvement Program (FSIP) is part of the O’Hare Modernization Program (OMP),...
The Pond constructors team recently celebrated its safety accomplishments while working on two new 37,000 bbl jet fuel storage tanks. Since the start of field efforts, the Pond team has worked 9,617 man-hours on the project without experiencing any injuries. While the...
Pond recently performed an emergency response to reactivate a moth ball fuel system at Baltimore/ Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI Marshall) for a new cargo carrier at its midfield facility. Pond performed quick turnaround as a REG system needed...