Fuel Pipeline Replacement & Cathodic Protection for Tanks 4 & 5 - Naval Air Station Fallon, NV
Pond provided design-build services for this project which included installation of approximately 1,200 linear feet of 10” underground jet fuel piping from the existing main filter separator and repair to nine existing aircraft refueling stations, fill stands, and off-loading islands. The replacement piping and fittings were constructed of stainless steel and airfield lighting system. The types of work required by this design-build project were renovation, repair, and alteration and consisted of the following:
- Completion of underground piping system.
- Installation of stainless steel above ground piping & supports.
- Installation of cathodic protection system for underground piping and existing Tanks 4 & 5.
- Installation of new 12 conduit electrical duct bank.
- Repair of fill stand and off-loading.
- Installation of new 6” PVC water line.
- Installation of two new aqueous film forming foam water connection and new eyewash stations.
- Urgent repairs to airfield lighting system.
Notable challenges involved phased construction to keep aircraft fueling operations fully functional throughout construction; operation on a live hot refueling apron; and challenging logistics caused by the remote location of the base.
[As featured in ENR Magazine April 30, 2018 Edition] Nearly 50 years after the firm started as a home-based business in 1965, engineering and planning firm Pond decided it was time to grow—by rapidly expanding its workforce. With engineering talent in high demand...
ATLANTA, Georgia – (7.25.18) – Pond, an industry leader in planning, architecture, engineering and construction services, announced today, the addition of Nisha Joshi to Pond. As a licensed Professional Engineer, Nisha Joshi brings thirteen years of experience in Oil...
ATLANTA, Georgia – (7.23.18) – Pond, an industry leader in planning, architecture, engineering and construction services, announced today, the addition of Tomoe Luke to Pond. Tomoe brings more than 23 years of diverse experience working with the Air Force Civil...