Apron, Taxiway & Hydrant System - Tennessee Air National Guard, Knoxville, TN
Pond provided full architecture, engineering and construction phase services to complete this $16 million project which included a new Air Force Type III hydrant fueling system, aircraft parking apron, entry/exit taxiways, Petroleum, Oil & Lubricant (POL) fueling complex, utilities and base perimeter roads for eight KC-135 aircraft.
Pond provided complete Type A, B and C services (concept, full design and construction administration) for the project which included:
Airfield, Apron and Taxiways
- 88,000 SY apron and taxiways.
- Apron and taxiway lighting.
- Construction phasing required to maintain operations during construction.
- Major earthwork and grading (approx. 500,000 CY of fill and embankment).
New Type III Hydrant Fueling System
- Eight (up to 12) Hydrant Fueling System.
- 1800 GPM (expandable to 2400 GPM) pump house.
- Upgraded offload and fill stands.
- New suction and fill piping.
- Abandoned 8000 LF transfer line.
- Relocated over a mile of base perimeter road (45 MPH design speed) and bridge.
- New 10” water supply line along new road.
- New electrical and communication lines along new road.
- Drainage and all other utilities.
- Department of Defense Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection compliant.
ATLANTA – (12.20.19) – Pond, an industry leader in engineering, architecture, planning and construction services, is pleased to announce that the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) has recognized our partner, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International...
Aviation Infrastructure Solutions JV Team Awarded Contract with Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Team will Provide Architectural and Engineering Services to Enhance Airport Experience ATLANTA – (01.15.19) The Aviation Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) Joint Venture was recently awarded a multi-year contract for Architectural and Engineering Design Services at...
Pond, an industry leader in planning, architecture, engineering and construction services, is proud to recognize individuals who demonstrate extensive knowledge in their respective fields with promotions to Associate. These individuals are leaders in their industries...